He did it all. And he did it better than anyone. Oklahoma Indian Jim Thorpe played pro baseball, almost singlehandedly put pro football on the map and won Olympic gold medals - yet knew nothing of organized sports before enrolling as a young man at Carlisle School for Indians. When selecting "the greatest athlete of the 20th century," American sportswriters really had only one choice: Jim Thorpe.
Under the direction of Michael Curtiz, Burt Lancaster brings dignity, determination and his trademark physicality to this exciting film loaded with thrilling sports action. And he brings dramatic power to his portrayal of Thorpe's greatest triumph: the climb back to a successful life after a bitter slide into obscurity.
- Starring: Burt Lancaster, Charles Bickford, Phyllis Thaxter, Steve Cochran
- Format: Black & White, Dolby, DVD, Fullscreen, NTSC
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: Warner Studios
- Release Date: 10/23/2007
- Run Time: 105 minutes
- Catalogue #: 117750
- Vintage Joe McDoakes Comedy Short So You Want To Be A Paper Hanger
- Classic Cartoon Hare We Go
- Sports Movies Trailer Gallery