Spring, 1920. The Great War is over and a long-awaited engagement is on, but all is not tranquil at Downton Abbey as wrenching social changes, romantic intrigues, and personal crises grip the majestic English country estate for a third thrilling season. As other great houses are crippled psychologically and financially in the wake of World War I, Robert, Earl of Grantham, sticks to his duty to maintain Downton more firmly than ever. But in this changing landscape nothing is assured, and could it be that even the war-weary Crawleys must fight a new battle to safeguard their beloved Downton?
Hugh Bonneville, Maggie Smith, Elizabeth McGovern, Dan Stevens, Michelle Dockery, Jim Carter, Penelope Wilton, Joanne Froggatt, Brendan Coyle, and a host of others return in this all-star cast, joined by Shirley MacLaine, who plays Martha Levinson, the very American mother of Cora, The Countess of Grantham.
- Starring: Maggie Smith, Elizabeth McGovern, Hugh Bonneville, Shirley MacLaine, Dan Stevens, Michelle Dockery, Jim Carter, Penelope Wilton
- Format: Color, Dolby, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: PBS Home Video
- Release Date: 01/29/2013
- Run Time: 525 minutes
- Catalogue #: 7018173
- Downton Abbey Behind the Drama
- Shirley MacLaine at Downton
- The Men of Downton
- Downton in 1920
- Includes "A Journey to the Highlands", the Season 3 finale!