In French with English subtitles.
A brash and precocious ten-year-old (Catherine Demongeot) comes to Paris for a whirlwind weekend with her rakish uncle (Philippe Noiret); he and the viewer get more than they bargained for in this anarchic comedy from Louis Malle, which rides roughshed over the City of Light. Based on a popular novel by Raymond Queneau that had been considered unadaptable, Malle’s audacious hit Zazie dans le métro, made with flair on the cusp of the French New Wave, is a bit of stream-of-consciousness slapstick, wall-to-wall with visual gags, editing tricks and effects.
- Starring: Philippe Noiret, Carla Marlier, Catherine Demongeot
- Format: Color, Dolby, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: The Criterion Collection
- Run Time: 92 minutes
- Catalogue #: 570
- Archival video interviews with director Louis Malle, novelist Raymond Queneau, actress Catherine Demongeot and screenwriter Jean-Paul Rappeneau
- New audio interview with director and photographer William Klein, artistic consultant on the film
- Le Paris De Zazie, a 2005 video piece featuring assistant director Philippe Collin
- Original theatrical trailer
- Booklet featuring an essay by film scholar Ginette Vincendeau