These two thrilling double features from producers Richard and Alex Gordon spin classic tales of hair-raising homicidal mania and intrepid, death-defying exploration.
The Haunted Strangler: Nineteenth- century English author James Rankin believes that the wrong man was hanged twenty years earlier for a series of murders, but his investigations lead him to a horrible and, for him, gruesomely inescapable secret.
Corridors Of Blood: In 1840s London, Dr. Thomas Bolton dares to dream the unthinkable: to operate on patients without causing pain. Unfortunately, the road to general anesthesia is blocked by a local killer (Christopher Lee), as well as Bolton's devastating addiction to his own chemical experiments.
First Man Into Space: In this interstellar cautionary tale, brash U.S. Navy test pilot Dan Prescott, hungry for fame, jettisons himself beyond Earth's atmosphere, only to become encrusted with cosmic dust and return a blood-drinking monster.
The Atomic Submarine: When the nuclear-powered submarine the Tiger Shark sets out to investigate a series of naval disasters near the Arctic Circle, its fearless crew finds itself besieged by electrical storms, an Unidentified Floating Saucer, and lots of hairy tentacles.
- Starring: Christopher Lee, Boris Karloff, Marshall Thompson, Arthur Franz, Betta St. John, Adrienne Corri, Brett Halsey
- Format: Black & White, Dolby, DVD, NTSC
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of Discs: 4
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: The Criterion Collection
- Release Date: 01/23/2007
- Run Time: 315 minutes
- Catalogue #: 364
- Audio commentaries by producers Richard and Alex Gordon and writer Tom Weaver
- New video interviews with cast and crew
- Censor cuts
- Original theatrical trailers and radio spots
- Stills galleries
- Booklets featuring essays by producer John Croydon and critics Maitland McDonagh, Bruce Eder, and Michael Lennick