Travis King 03/11/2011
Inception is the brilliant vision of the future where corporate espionage is administered through the human mind instead of the tangible environment. Leonardo DiCaprio plays Dom Cobb, a brilliant thief and fugitive who is very accomplished in the enterprise of extraction. He and his associates are the best at what they do. Their job is to essentially hack into the minds of powerful businessmen, via their dreams, to obtain secret ideas. As a way for Cobb to clear his name and pave the way to redemption, he takes a job for Saito (Ken Watanabe), a wealthy businessman who has commissioned Cobb and his colleagues, not to cull ideas from his rival, but to plant an idea – thus, inception. It is not so much the act of inception that prevents our hero from obtaining redemption but an outside element that prevents Cobb from carrying out his duty.
With amazing cinematography by Wally Pfister and film editing by Lee Smith, Inception brings to life a world in which dreams are not only within one’s mind but also exists on an entirely new dimension. Adding to that new dimension is the utterly brilliant and haunting score (which plays almost as a secondary character) from Hans Zimmer. With mind bending action, beautiful visuals, hallucinatory special effects and a break-neck pace, Christopher Nolan proves that, as a director and creative force, one does not need a comic book, a sequel or a remake to create a highly adroit and fascinating story.
Inception won four Oscars: Best Cinematography, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Visual Effects. It was nominated for an additional four Oscars: Best Picture, Best Art Direction, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Original Score.Read More
3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo.
Acclaimed filmmaker Christopher Nolan directs an international cast in this sci-fi actioner that travels around the globe and into the world of dreams. Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is the best there is at extraction: stealing valuable secrets inside the subconscious during the mind's vulnerable dream state. His skill has made him a coveted player in industrial espionage but also has made him a fugitive and cost him dearly. Now he may get a second chance if he can do the impossible: inception, planting an idea rather than stealing one. If they succeed, Cobb and his team could pull off the perfect crime. But no planning or expertise can prepare them for a dangerous enemy that seems to predict their every move. An enemy only Cobb could have seen coming.Read More
- Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Ken Watanabe, Dileep Rao, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rating: PG-13
- Label: Warner Studios
- Release Date: 12/07/2010
- Run Time: 148 minutes
- Extraction Mode - Infiltrate The Movie's Imaginative Landscape To Learn How Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio And The Cast And Crew Designed And Achieved The Film's Signature Moments
- Dreams: Cinema Of The Subconscious - Can The Dream World Be A Fully Functional Parallel Reality? Joseph Gordon-Levitt And Leading Scientists Take You To The Cutting Edge Of Dream Research
- Inception: The Cobol Job - Comic Prologue In Full Animation And Motion: See The Events That Led To The Beginning Of The Movie