Travis King 12/31/1969
With amazing cinematography by Wally Pfister and film editing by Lee Smith, Inception brings to life a world in which dreams are not only within one’s mind but also exists on an entirely new dimension. Adding to that new dimension is the utterly brilliant and haunting score (which plays almost as a secondary character) from Hans Zimmer. With mind bending action, beautiful visuals, hallucinatory special effects and a break-neck pace, Christopher Nolan proves that, as a director and creative force, one does not need a comic book, a sequel or a remake to create a highly adroit and fascinating story.
Blu-ray Special Features:
- Extraction Mode: Infiltrate the movie's imaginative landscape to learn how Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio, and the cast and crew designed and achieved the film's signature moments
- Dreams: Cinema of the Subconscious: Can the dream world be a fully functional parallel reality? Joseph Gordon-Levitt and leading scientists take you to the cutting edge of dream research
- Inception: The Cobol Job: Comic prologue in full animation and motion: see the events that led to the beginning of the movie
- 5.1 soundtrack selections from Hans Zimmer's versatile score
- Conceptual art, promotional art, and trailer/TV spot galleries
- Via BD-Live: Project Somnacin--Confidential Files: Access highly secure files that reveal the inception of the dream-share technology
Inception won four Oscars: Best Cinematography, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Visual Effects. It was nominated for an additional four Oscars: Best Picture, Best Art Direction, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Original Score.
- Label: Warner Studios