The hills are once again alive with the sound of screaming in Wes Craven s hugely entertaining follow-up to his own groundbreaking 1977 The Hills Have Eyes.
A motocross team on their way to trial a new super-fuel head out across the desert lead by Rachel, who, unbeknownst to the rest of the group, is a survivor of the cannibal clan which menaced the Carter family several years before. Opting to take an ill-advised shortcut across the desert, the busload of youngsters drive straight into the path of the remnants of Rachel s demented cannibal kin - the menacing Pluto, and a hulking, blood-hungry brute by the name of The Reaper.
Made by Wes Craven immediately prior to his smash-hit A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills Have Eyes Part II diverges from the grim tone of its predecessor in favour of fun action-horror thrills and spills replete with mutants, motorbikes, and - oh yes - dog flashbacks!
- Starring: Robert Houston, David Nichols, Penny Johnson Jerald, Michael Berryman
- Format: Color, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85.1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: R
- Label: Arrow Films
- Release Date: 09/17/2019
- Run Time: 86 minutes
- Catalogue #: 223
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
- Limited Edition 40-page booklet featuring new writing on the film by Amanda Reyes and an archival set visit from Fangoria
- Reversible fold-out Poster
- Blood, Sand, and Fire: The Making of The Hills Have Eyes Part II - brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with actor Michael Berryman, actress Janus Blythe, production designer Dominick Bruno, composer Harry Manfredini and unit production manager/first assistant director John Callas
- Stills gallery
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- 6 Postcards
- Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues