2-Disc Special Edition.
In 1962 four young men, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, came together to form the 20th century musical phenomenon known as, "The Beatles."
The band stormed Europe in 1963, and, in 1964, they conquered America. Their groundbreaking world tours changed global youth culture forever and, arguably, invented mass entertainment as we know it today. All the while, the group were composing and recording a series of extraordinarily successful singles and albums.
Master storyteller and Oscar® winner Ron Howard, explores this incredible journey in his own unique way: How did the Beatles do this?How did they cope with all the fame and pressure? How did they not only survive, but go on to revolutionize popular music? With original interviews footage, staggering live performances, and the intimate study of character that Ron Howard if known for, he puts us right inside this extraordinary adventure, answering the question everyone always wants to know: What was it like to be there?
- Cast: John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, The Beatles
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Subtitles: Dutch, English, French, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: Capitol
- Release Date: 11/18/2016
- Run Time: 206 minutes
- Catalogue #: 2575109
- Includes five rarely seen full length performances
- 64 page booklet with an introduction from director Ron Howard, essay by music journalist and author Jon Savage and rare photos from The Beatles’ private archive.