Diminutive loudmouth Sheriff Hoot Kloot, astride his curmudgeonly, limping horse Fester, wages an ongoing battle of witlessness against lunatic sheep rustler Crazywolf. DePatie-Freleng’s only series of cartoon Westerns, the Sheriff Hoot Kloot films are characterized by especially strong direction and layout (by Hawley Pratt, Gerry Chiniquy, Art Leonardi and others). Delighted with the chance to slip in clever Wild West in-jokes, writer John Dunn further pits Kloot and crew against a veritable rogues gallery of ridiculous outlaw villains, including Billy the Kidder, Calamitous Jane, Butch Casualty, Wild Bill Hiccup, and the hanging Judge Soy Bean.
KLOOT’S COUNTY, APACHE ON THE COUNTY SEAT, THE SHOE MUST GO ON, A SELF-WINDING SIDEWINDER, PAY YOUR BUFFALO BILL, STIRRUPS AND HICCUPS, TEN MILES TO THE GALLOP, PHONY EXPRESS, GIDDY UP WOE, GOLD STRUCK, AS THE TUMBLEWEED TURNS, THE BADGE AND THE BEAUTIFUL, BIG BEEF AT THE O.K. CORRAL, BY HOOT OR BY CROOK, STRANGE ON THE RANGE, MESA TROUBLE, SADDLE SOAP OPERA
- Cast: Bob Holt, Larry D. Mann
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD, Fullscreen, NTSC
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: kino Studio Classics
- Release Date: 05/30/2017
- Run Time: 109 minutes
- Catalogue #: 20195
- Two documentaries by Greg Ford and William Hohauser: “DePatie-Freleng’s Range Rovers” and “Art for Art’s Sake” (a tribute to brilliant DePatie-Freleng multi-hyphenate Art Leonardi), featuring Mark Arnold, Jerry Beck, Barbara Donatelli, Will Friedwald, Art Leonardi and layout artist Martin Strudler.
- Audio commentaries for selected films by author Mark Arnold, cartoon director Bob Balser (archival audio), animation historian Jerry Beck, filmmaker Greg Ford and cartoon writer William Hohauser.