Everyone said Cassie (Mulligan) was a promising young woman...until a mysterious event abruptly derailed her future. But nothing in Cassie's life is what it appears to be: she's wickedly smart, tantalizingly cunning, and she's living a secret double life by night. Now, an unexpected encounter is about to give Cassie a chance to right the wrongs of the past in this thrilling and wildly entertaining story.
Featuring incredible must-see performances from the entire cast, the bold and gritty PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN is led by critically acclaimed Mulligan who received the Los Angeles Film Critics Best Actress award for her role and has a phenomenal supporting cast including Bo Burnham (Eight Grade, The Big Sick), Alison Brie (Sleeping With Other People, "GLOW"), Clancy Brown (The Shawshank Redemption, Thor: Ragnarok), Jennifer Coolidge (Legally Blonde, American Pie), Laverne Cox ("Orange Is the New Black," Grandma), Connie Britton ("Dirty John," "Friday Night Lights"), Alfred Molina (Frida, Spider-Man 2), Adam Brody (Shazam!, "The OC"), Max Greenfield ("New Girl," The Big Short), Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad, Kick-Ass), Chris Lowell (The Help, Up in the Air), Sam Richardson ("Veep," "New Girl"), and Molly Shannon ("Divorce," Superstar).
By turns darkly hilarious and heart-wrenching, the astonishing film is packed with daring and thought-provoking moments from beginning to end by writer-director Fennell delivering a "delicately-wrapped bonbon laced with arsenic" (Keaton Bell, VOGUE). From Academy Award®-winning production company FilmNation Entertainment and the filmmakers behind The King's Speech, Arrival and The Big Sick and alongside LuckyChap Entertainment producers Margot Robbie (I, Tonya, Dreamland), Tom Ackerley (Dreamland, Terminal) and Josey McNamara (Dreamland, Terminal) the "funny, sexy, smart and absolutely terrifying" (Kate Erbland, IndieWire) PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN is a must-own film with a profound message for all.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Emerald Fennell
- A Promising Vision – Writer/Director Emerald Fennell discusses her inspirations for writing this bold, genre-bending film.
- Two-Sided Transformation – A look at why Carey Mulligan was the perfect choice to play "Cassie" and how filmmakers used wardrobe, hair, and makeup to express the balance between light and dark.
- Balancing Act – Cast members discuss their unexpected reactions to the careful balance of levity and tragedy in director Emerald Fennell's take on female revenge.
- Optional English SDH, French, and Spanish subtitles for the main feature
- Format: Color, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Rating: R
- Label: Universal Studios
- Release Date: 03/16/2021
- Run Time: 113 minutes
- Catalogue #: 2211114