Thirty-five years after the Maysles brothers' famed documentary of the same name, Grey Gardens offers awry, behind-the-scenes look at "Big Edie" and "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale, two charming eccentrics who were relatives of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis and inhabitants of a decaying mansion in the Hamptons. Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange star as the reclusive mother and daughter whose unconventional tastes and social rebellion transcended public opinion and forged a unique and unbreakable bond. Told over a span of four decades, the film, directed by Michael Sucsy from a script written by Sucsy and Patricia Rozema, focuses on their glamorous and well-heeled lives long before the making of the documentary and on the circumstances behind their riches-to-rags story.
- Starring: Drew Barrymore, Jessica Lange, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Ken Howard, Kenneth Welsh
- Format: Color, Dolby, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85.1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: HBO Studios
- Release Date: 07/14/2009
- Run Time: 103 minutes
- Audio Commentary with Executive Producers Michael Sucsy, Lucy Barzun Donnelly and Rachael Horovitz
- Grey Gardens: Then & Now Compares and contrasts the feature-length film and the original 1975 documentary. Includes interviews with Albert Maysles, Drew Barrymore, Jessica Lange, filmmaker Michael Sucsy and others.