When his girlfriend, Gigi, cuts her finger on a frame, maniacal artist Adam Sorg (Don Joseph) discovers a new shade of crimson that will make his artwork so special - human blood!
Squeezing all he can out of his sliced-up fingers, Adam then stabs Gigi in the head, smears her face on a canvas and - voila! - a macabre masterpiece is created! After his bloody new painting causes a sensation on the local art scene, a crazed Adam continues creating sanguine specialties by extracting art supplies from victims outside his beach house. It all goes bad, however, when he zeros in on April (Candi Conder) whose scarlet pigment he plans to remove with an axe...
A witty mix of dark humor and gory horror, Color Me Blood Red is also the third in the infamous "blood trilogy" (following Blood Feast and Two Thousand Maniacs!) from producer David F. Friedman (She Freaks) and director Herschell Gordon Lewis ( the Gore Gore Girls).
- Starring: Don Joseph, Candi Conder, Elyn Warner, Pat Finn-Lee, Jerome Eden
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD, NTSC
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Release Date: 02/22/2000
- Run Time: 79 minutes
- Catalogue #: 60135
- Audio commentary by director Herschell Gordon Lewis and producer David F. Friedman
- Original theatrical trailer
- Rare Outtakes
- Gallery of Exploitation Art