2-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo. Universal 100th Anniversary Collector's Series.
Comedy legends Bud Abbott and Lou Costello cemented their place in film history with the hilarious wartime comedy classic Buck Privates. After spending years on stage in burlesque and on radio perfecting classic routines such as "Who's on First?," the duo transitioned to motion picture at Universal in 1940. In their first leading roles, Bud and Lou play con artists who accidentally enlist in the U.S. Army to avoid going to jail. Making matters worse, their no-nonsense drill sergeant turns out to be the cop who tried to arrest them! Featuring classic routines such as "Drill," "Dice Game" and "You're Forty, She's Ten," the film also starred the popular singing group The Andrews Sisters performing the Academy Award®-nominated song "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy." Following the success of Buck Privates, Bud and Lou made an astounding 26 more movies at Universal leaving a legacy of laughter that will be treasured forever.
- Starring: Lou Costello, The Andrews Sisters, Bud Abbott, Jane Frazee, Alan Curtis, Nat Pendleton, Lee Bowman
- Format: Black & White, Dolby, DVD, Fullscreen, NTSC
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: Universal Studios
- Release Date: 04/17/2012
- Run Time: 85 minutes
- Catalogue #: 61121092
- Abbott And Costello Meet Jerry Seinfeld
- 100 Years Of Universal: Restoring The Classics, The Carl Laemmle Era and Unforgettable Characters