"When Sarah Manning’s (Elaine Cassidy, The Paradise) husband, Lee, is killed while on business in Montreal, her life back in Dublin starts to spin out of control. Sarah soon realizes she knew little about her husband’s past or his job at a powerful international pharmaceutical company. Assigned to the case, Detective Emer Byrne (Angeline Ball, Shameless [UK]) doggedly investigates as conflicting evidence arises, even in defiance of her superior’s order. As more lies surface, Sarah begins to suspect that Lee’s murder could be connected to the death of her first husband. Did both men know a terrible secret that got them killed?
Also starring Morten Suurballe (The Killing [Denmark]) and Lisa Dwyer Hogg (The Fall), this gripping international thriller follows Sarah’s high-stakes fight for the truth amidst a conspiracy of corporate, police, and political interests."
- Starring: Lisa Hogg, Elaine Cassidy, Morten Suurballe, Angeline Ball
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: Acorn Media
- Release Date: 12/26/2017
- Run Time: 300 minutes
- Catalogue #: 2536
- The Making of Acceptable Risk (23 min.) – Cast and crew members discuss the development of Acceptable Risk from its inception to bringing the story to life on screen.
- Kate Moran on Anna Coyle (2 min.) – French actress Kate Moran discusses her character, an American FBI agent investigating the fictional company Gumbiner-Fischer Pharmaceuticals.
- Behind the Themes of Acceptable Risk (17 min.) – Learn more about the themes and concepts that inspired the story for Acceptable Risk.
- Morten Suurballe on Dr. Hans Werner Hoffman (4 min.) – Danish actor Morten Suurballe discusses his character Dr. Hans Werner Hoffman, chief executive of fictional Gumbiner-Fischer Pharmaceuticals.
- Angeline Ball on Detective Emer Byrne (4 min.) – Actress Angeline Ball shares her insights about detective Emer Byrne, and about filming Acceptable Risk and working with the other actors.
- Thrillers: The Heightened Story (11 min.) – Cast and crew members discuss the appeal of the thriller genre in television and film.
- On Writing Acceptable Risk (4 min.) – Lead writer Ron Hutchinson discusses the writing process with producer James Mitchell.
- Filming in Dublin (6 min.) – Cast and crew members share insight about the unique process of filming in Dublin.
- Elaine Cassidy on Sarah Manning (5 min.) – Actress Elaine Cassidy and director Kenneth Glenaan share about her character in Acceptable Risk.
- Lisa Dwyer Hogg on Nuala Mulvaney (4 min.) – Actress Lisa Dwyer Hogg discusses her character, Nuala, the protagonist’s sister; Elaine Cassidy shares insight about the sisters’ relationship.