What does a scanner see? Into the head? Into the heart? From the novel by Philip K. Dick - the sci-fi legend whose works-to-film include Blade Runner, Total Recall and Minority Report - comes A Scanner Darkly, brought to the screen by filmmaker Richard Linklater with an edgy graphic-novel look.
The time: just beyond now. The place: suburbia. The story: a twisted, funny tale of people hooked on Substance D. And of a government that cheerfully destroys its citizens - their rights, their relationships - in order to save them. Robert Downey Jr., Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder and Rory Cochrane play strung-out friends terrified of each other and of spies, Keanu Reeves plays a spy who's also one of the friends... until his two personalities begin to split. Enjoy the paranoia. Nobody's watching you. Really.
- Starring: Woody Harrelson, Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Robert Downey Jr., Rory Cochrane
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85.1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: R
- Label: Warner Studios
- Release Date: 12/19/2006
- Run Time: 100 minutes
- Catalogue #: 59417
- Commentary By Keanu Reeves, Writer/Director Richard Linklater, Producer Tommy Pallotta, Author Jonathan Lethem and Philip K. Dick's Daughter Isa Dick Hackett
- One Summer in Austin: The Story of Filming A Scanner Darkly
- The Weight of the Line: Animation Tales