In French with English subtitles.
Eleven-year-old Cyril (Thomas Doret), all coiled anger and furious motion, is living in a group home but refuses to believe he has been rejected by his single father (Jérémie Renier). He spends his days frantically trying to reach the man, over the phone or on his beloved bicycle. It is only the patience and compassion of Samantha (Cécile de France), the stranger who agrees to care for him, that offers the boy the chance to move on. Spare and unsentimental but deeply imbued with a heart-rending tenderness, The Kid with a Bike is an arresting work from the great Belgian directors Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, masters of the empathetic action film.
- Starring: Cecile De France, Jeremie Renier, Thomas Doret, Fabrizio Rongione, Egon Di Mateo, Olivier Gourmet
- Format: Color, Dolby, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85.1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: The Criterion Collection
- Run Time: 87 minutes
- Catalogue #: 646
- New digital transfer, supervised by director of photography Alain Marcoen
- Conversation between film critic Kent Jones and directors Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne
- Interviews with actors Cécile de France and Thomas Doret
- Return to Seraing, a half-hour documentary in which the Dardennes revisit five locations from the film
- A booklet featuring an essay by critic Geoff Andrew