3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo
Disgraced journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) accepts an invitation to surreptitiously investigate a forty year old unsolved murder on behalf of the victim's uncle, Swedish industrialist Henrik Vanger (Christopher Plummer). Meanwhile, tattooed hacker Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara), hired to investigate Blomkvist, discovers the truth behind the conspiracy that led to his fall from grace. Thrown together by fate, the unlikely duo uncovers a secret history of murder and sexual abuse festering beneath the veneer of Sweden's industrial past, all the while drawing closer to a quiet evil waiting to engulf them both.
- Starring: Rooney Mara, Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer, Joely Richardson, Robin Wright Penn, Stellan Skarsgård, Goran Visnjic, Steven Berkoff
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English, French
- Subtitles: Arabic, English, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Spanish
- Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rating: R
- Label: Sony Home Pictures Entertainment
- Release Date: 03/20/2012
- Run Time: 158 minutes
- Catalogue #: 39594
- Dig deep inside the Vanger archives with nearly 4 hours of immersive behind the scenes footage including interviews, rehearsals, screen tests, and more.
- Also includes an audio commentary with director David Fincher.