In French with English subtitles.
Ten years after the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps, filmmaker Alain Resnais documented the abandoned grounds of Auschwitz and Majdanek. One of the first cinematic reflections on the horrors of the Holocaust, Night And Fog (Nuit et Brouillard) contrasts the stillness of the abandoned camps' quiet, empty buildings with haunting wartime footage. With Night And Fog, Resnais investigates the cyclical nature of man's violence toward man and presents the unsettling suggestion that such horrors could come again.
- Format: Black & White, Dolby, DVD, NTSC
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: The Criterion Collection
- Release Date: 06/24/2003
- Run Time: 31 minutes
- Catalogue #: 197
- Excerpt from an Audio Interview with Alain Resnais from Les Etoiles du cinema (1994)
- Optional Isolated Music Track
- Crew Profiles written by film historian Peter Cowie
- New Essay about the film by Phillip Lopate