"A true original and triumph of personal filmmaking." (-Pauline Kael, The New Yorker) Mean Streets announced Martin Scorsese's arrival as a new filmmaking force - and marked his first historic teaming with Robert De Niro. It's a story Scorsese lived, a semi-autobiographical tale of the first-generation sons and daughters of New York's Little Italy.
Harvey Keitel plays Charlie, working his way up the ranks of a local mob. Amy Robinson is Teresa, the girlfriend his family deems unsuitable because of her epilepsy. And in the star making role that won Best Supporting Actor Awards from New York and National Society of Film Critics, De Niro is Johnny Boy, a small-time gambler in big-time debt to loan sharks.
- Starring: Robert DeNiro, Harvey Keitel, David Carradine, Robert Carradine, Amy Robinson, Cesare Danova
- Format: Color, DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85.1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: R
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Release Date: 08/17/2004
- Run Time: 112 minutes
- Catalogue #: 19127
- Commentary by Martin Scorsese
- Vintage Featurette: Martin Scorsese: Back on the Block