3-Disc, box set.
A provocative look at the worlds of horse racing and gambling told through a diverse group of characters surrounding a California racetrack, Luck is an intriguing drama from Emmy Award winner David Milch (Dead Wood, NYPD Blue) and Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award winner Michael Mann (Public Enemies, Miami Vice). Intuitive tough guy Chester "Ace" Bernstein (Academy Award winner Dustin Hoffman), has always been involved with gambling, from bookmaking and money laundering to casino operations - and was recently released after a three-year prison term. He teams up with Gus Demitriou (Dennis Farino), his longtime chauffeur and muscle, to craft a complex plan involving the Santa Anita Racetrack in California. As they plot out Ace's strategy, the pair recruits Turo Escalante (John Ortiz), a successful trainer with a sordid reputation. In the meantime, an old trainer, Walter Smith (Academy Award nominee Nick Nolte) nurtures a possible breakthrough thoroughbred, while a ragtag group of four racetrack groupies band together to try to catch lightning in a bottle - as winners of an elusive Pick Six bet.
- Starring: Dustin Hoffman, John Ortiz, Dennis Farina, Nick Nolte
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: HBO Studios
- Run Time: 540 minutes
- Catalogue #: 285425
- Invitation To The Set - Behind The Scenes Look At The Making Of Luck Featuring Interviews With The Cast And Crew
- A Day At The Races - Cast Members Richard Kind, Kerry Condon, Tom Payne and Ritchie Coster Discuss The Series And The Sport Of Horse Racing As They Spend A Day At The Santa Anita Racetrack
- Life At The Track - An Exploration Of The Culture Of Horse Racing Featuring Interviews With The Cast And Crew
- Audio Commentaries