Black and white, Original Issue.
In Japanese with English subtitles.
Branded to Kill, the wildly perverse story of the yakuza's rice-sniffing "No. 3 Killer," is Seijun Suzuki at his delirious best. From a cookie-cutter studio script, Suzuki delivered this brutal, hilarious, and visually inspired masterpiece-and was promptly fired. Criterion presents the DVD premiere of Branded to Kill in a pristine transfer from the original Nikkatsu-scope master.Read More
- Starring: Annu Mari, Mariko Ogawa, Joe Shishido, Koji Nanbara
- Format: DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: Not Rated
- Label: The Criterion Collection
- Release Date: 11/03/2012
- Run Time: 91 minutes
- Catalogue #: 38
- Rare Interview with Seijun Suzuki
- Vintage Japanese Film Ephemera from the Collection of John Zorn