Amoeba Music Hollywood Hip-Hop Top Five: 09:04:09
1) Black Eyed Peas The E.N.D. (Interscope)
2) Slaughterhouse self-titled (E1 Entertainment)
3) Mos Def Ecstatic (Downtown)
4) Dudley Perkins Holy Smokes (1 AM APPROACH)
5) Mr Capone-E Diary of a G (Hi Power Entertainment / KOCH)
At the Amoeba Music Hollywood store this week many of the same best sellers from the past several weeks are still holding strong in the sales charts, with the Black Eyed Peas' latest The E.N.D. locking down the number one position. Meanwhile, up north in the San Francisco Amoeba Music store, Luis reports that among the new local Bay Area releases to arrive on Amoeba SF's shelves this week include Lyrics Born's Variety Show Vol 4 on Mobile Home Recordings, whose 22 tracks include guest spots from such fellow Quannum acts as Lateef the Truthspeaker,The Gift of Gab, and Joyo Velarde. Also just arriving into Amoeba SF this week is The Grouch/Instant Messengers affiliated hometown emcee Alexander Spit, whose new full-length CD Open 24 Hours is sponsored by the hip-hop clothing company The Hundreds.