AMOEBA MUSIC BERKELEY HIP-HOP TOP FIVE WEEK ENDING JANUARY 25, 2013
1) A$AP Rocky Long.Live. A$AP (RCA)
2) Fashawn Champagne & Styrofoam Cups (Fat Beats/Dirty Science)
3) Dead Prez Information Age (Varese Sarabande)
4) Moe Pope & Rain Let The Right Ones In (Brick Records)
5) Oh No Disrupted Ads (Cash Rock Entertainment)
Once again this week thanks are in order to the ever knowledgeable E-Lit for taking time out to chop it up with the Amoeblog in the video above to do a run down on some of the new hip-hop releases arriving (and soon to arrive) into the Berkeley Amoeba store, and also for supplying the current Amoeba Top Five Hip-Hop Chart - also above. This new hip-hop chart includes the welcome return of Dead Prez and more of their politicized hip-hop on the duo's brand new (released Tuesday) album Information Age on Varese Sarabande. Scroll down below to see a video from Dead Prez ("No Way As The Way") as well as such others as an audio only from the new chart entrant Fashawn, and the brand new video from Chi-Ali x Livin Proof x Maffew Ragazino "Better Known As NYC" that was recorded in the studio and just got published today.