Musical comedy duo Garfunkel and Oates hosted the December charity auction at Amoeba Hollywood. This was actually their second time hosting the auction and, once again, their zany and "in-yer-face-perfectly-appropriate-for-a-Saturday-afternoon-at-the-record-store" humor proved that they ain't just pretty faces. The girls drew a really great crowd of about 70 to see them perform a couple of songs and then launch into the rapid-fire auctioning frenzy.
Ya had to be QUICK to get a bid in 'cause they weren't kidding around about this auction. They were HIGHLY entertaining and definitely hilarious -- and they had more than a fair share of people wondering, "wait did they just say....??? "
Here are some of the highlights from the auction:
- Beatles lunchbox with Trader Joe's Gift Card - $80.00
- Tiny Furniture Blu-ray signed by Lena Dunham - $30.00
- John Waters Holiday Show tickets + Hairspray DVD - $40.00
- Public Enemy and Sufjan Stevens concert tickets - $97.00 (Awesome!!)
- Urban Outfitters Gift Card - $ 65.00
- Led Zeppelin package - $20.00
- Beatles collectibles (in a Rolling Stones bag) - $25.00
- Limited edition Record Store Day bag - $70.00
- Special Amoeba in-store VIP pass - $80.00
- Polyphonic Spree tickets with Hit Record book signed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt - $50.00
- Amoeba special gift bag with random crazy stuff - $40.00
- Yo Gabba Gabba package - $20.00
- John Cale and Ty Segall concert tickets - $25.00
Cool stuff and some great bids! All together Garfunkel and Oates (and you guys!) helped raise $652.00 in bids, and together with the Amoeba match it comes to $1,304.00 to the wonderful organization Five Acres, which helps families and kids in need over the holidays. All in all it was a ROCKIN' good time. Thanks so much to Garfunkel and Oates for coming back to our charity auction and making this one of the most memorable Saturday auctions ever!