On Saturday, December 5th the amazingly funny author and comedian DC Pierson hosted a charity auction at Amoeba Hollywood to help us raise money for The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank! We teamed up with the awesome folks at NerdMelt for our December auction and DC Pierson offered up a vast and crazy array of concert tickets, gift certificates to local hot spots, collectibles and more cool stuff.
DC was quite simply H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S, with his zingers and deadpan delivery alternating with high adrenaline, pumping up the bids. "With all the characters at Amoeba today, we could start our own sitcom..." "Yeah, we're taking it THERE, yes we are."
Some of the goodies we auctioned off on this "pre-holiday" auction:
- Limited-edition Garrett Leight / Elvis Presley Enterprises "The King" sunglasses (valued at $95) - $150!
- Arclight Cinemas Gift Card + a surprise pack - $60.00
- Concert tickets to see Nick Lowe at the El Rey - $70.00
- Amoeba VIP in-store passes + LOMO camera - $110.00
- NerdMelt monthly membership - $40.00
- Tickets to see Murs at the Fonda Theatre - $20.00
- Ozzy Osbourne signed poster - 40.00
- Grateful Dead promo pack - $40.00
- Umami Burger gift card - $35.00
- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros pack - $20.00
- Tickets to see Morrissey on New Year's Eve - $120.00 (amidst an intense bidding war!)
All together DC and his band of bidders helped to raise $795.00! With with Amoeba Music's match, that means $1,590.00 is going directly to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank! This combined with our donation drive over the past two weeks will help feed so many people over the holidays. Thanks so much to DC and to all the people who come out to our auctions to support--it really makes a difference.