Amoeba Berkeley Hip-Hop Top 5, Week Ending 04:25:14
1) Childish Gambino Because The Internet [Record Store Day] (LP) (Glassnote)
2) Notorious B.I.G. Life After Death [Clear Vinyl] [Record Store Day] (LP) (Atlantic)
3) J. Stalin S.i.d.-shining I (Town Thizness)
4) Various Artists Mandala Vol. 1: Polysonic Flows (Mello Music Group)
5) Nocando Jimmy the Burnout (Hellfyre Club)
As a result of the mad rush for exclusive Record Store Day releases at Amoeba Music on the incredibly busy RSD 2014 last Saturday some of those releases make up the latest Hip-Hop Top Five weekly chart from the Berkeley Amoeba store where E-Lit, in the video above, does a run down of new releases and what was popular during Record Store Day such as the vinyl version of Childish Gambino's Because The Internet. Other new chart entries include Bay Area homegrown talent J. Stalin's in demand new joint S.i.d.-shining I, the excellent Mello Music label compilation sampler Mandala Vol. 1: Polysonic Flows, and brand new Hellfyre Club release Jimmy the Burnout from Nocando.