On Saturday, March 2 we had the hilarious Kurt Braunohler all the way from New York host our charity auction at Amoeba Hollywood and he did a fabulous job with a very tough crowd. He drove home our reason for being there ("Hey guys, it's for Doctors Without Borders...C'MON! Doctors who have no sense of their own boundaries! "). The crowd was enjoying the show, but it was tough to get them to bid. Sometimes it's like that. You never know what the temperature of the crowd will be! But Kurt did a great job and we ended up having a very successful auction.
The concert tickets went well, as always, and thanks so much to our neighbors at Trader Joe's and Brew Coffee, as well as Goldenvoice, for getting us such cool prizes.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Brew Coffee gift card with Amoeba mug $25.00
- Tickets to Jim James at the Fonda $30.00
- Tickets to The Black Lips at the El Rey $25.00
- Tickets to Django Django at the Fonda $20.00
- Trader Joe's Gift Card and California Raisins lunchbox $50.00
- Passes to the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles $40.00
- Special VIP Amoeba in-store pass $66.00
- Sundance Theater passes 30.00
- Classic rock package featuring Doors documentary, Led Zeppelin and Doors t-shirts & more $70.00
- Limited edition Record Store Day package $60.00
- Tiny Furniture DVD signed by Lena Dunham $35.00
- Super DVD signed by the cast $15.00
- Ozzy and Sharon talking Beanie Babies with lunchbox and Black Sabbath pen $10.00
- Beatles package featuring totes, poster, mug and more $30.00
There was a grand total of bids of $485.00, and then with our matching that meant we raised $970.00 for Doctors Without Borders, an organization which has helped tremendously with Hurricane Sandy (in addition to their work in all corners of the world). This one was great. Thanks all for the help!