Record Store Day 2012 is April 21!
Record Store Day 2012 is April 21!
We had another great auction on Saturday, April 7 at Amoeba Hollywood hosted by the hilarious Bob Odenkirk. It was great to have him back again and he was funnier than ever in his return engagement as guest host auctioneer.
Many folks came out to support and to see Bob Odenkirk in action making something hard look really easy. A lot of folks bid on several items and it was one of the most supported auctions we have had...
With his first item up for bid (a Lana Del Rey signed 7" single) he had all of the fans and onlookers in stitches. He was on fire and drove up the bids for 826LA, an amazing organization founded by Dave Eggers and the McSweeney's crew.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Mr. Show DVD set - $30.00
- Jimi Hendrix coasters - $10.00
- Elvis Pack - $23.00 ("truth is the rumors about elvis still being alive are completely false---truth is he was NEVER alive and it has only been a string of impersonators all these years...." :)
- Limited edition Record Store Day 45s and Bag - $30.00
- Urban Outfitters Gift Cart - $55.00
- McSweeney's Art Book - $65.00
- Larry Sanders Gift Pack - $85.00
- Ben Stiller DVD - $27.00
- Spelling Bee Celebrity Poster (signed) - $65.00
- Art Books - $17.00
- Melvin Goes to Dinner DVD (directed by Odenkirk) - $37.00
- Spelling Bee DVD - $65.00
- Trader Joe's Gift Card and Lunchbox - $75.00
- Breaking Bad DVD Set (signed) - $55.00
- Sharon Van Etten 45 - $10.00
- Michael Jackson Trading Cards Packs - $6.00
- Amoeba VIP In-store Certficate - $50.00 for ONE and $85.00 for the other!!
- Mayer Hawthorne Tickets - $25.00
- Spiritualized Tickets - $36.00
- Doctor Who DVD Set (signed) - $57.00
- Gift Bag from the 826LA Echo Park Time Travel Store - $45.00
- KISS Collectibles and Bag - $23.00
- Judd Apatow Pack - $45.00
- Cool Vintage Art Books from 826LA - $34.00
All together Bob raised more than $955.00 for a TOTAL with our matching of $1,910.00 for the 826LA group. GOOD STUFF!!!
Crazy Clown Time, released in November 2011 on Play It Again Sam, was recorded over a period of several months at Lynch's personal studio near Mulholland Drive with engineer and collaborator Dean Hurley. As you might expect from the director of Erasherhead, Mulholland Drive and Twin Peaks, his music - much like his video for "Crazy Clown Time" - is echoey, weird, repetitive, foreboding, hypnotic, and fascinating.
Watch David Lynch's video for his single "Crazy Clown Time":
Watch our interview with Mr. Lynch when he visited Amoeba Hollywood in 2008 for the release of David Lynch The Lime Green Set DVD box set:
You can pick up your limited edition T-shirt on Record Store Day, April 21st, at any Amoeba store. We'll be silk screening the shirts live at Amoeba Hollywood and Amoeba San Francisco thanks to our friends at Junk Food Clothing, Family Industries, Anti- / Epitaph Records and SF's Free Gold Watch!
See our full list of Record Store Day events.
|Design by Adam Thiesen.|
|Design by Erika Themaras.|
YOU ARE INVITED to our April screening series in Hollywood! We're bringing back our Monday Movie series at Space 15Twenty (up the street from Amoeba). Every Monday night in April you can see a different music-related film that we have selected and it's FREE!
Sign up for the Amoeba newsletter at Space15Twenty on Monday Movie Nights and you could win our April Shopping Spree $100 gift certificate!!
What: FREE Weekly Monday night films, curated by Amoeba Music
When: Every Monday at 8pm – from April 2nd through April 30th
Where: In the courtyard of Space15Twenty
1520 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028
Why: A neighborhood collaboration and a great way to spend a Monday night in Hollywood… and it's FREE!
April 2, 2012 – RE:GENERATION MUSIC PROJECT
The Re:Generation Music Project follows five electronic DJs/producers - DJ Premier, Skrillex, Pretty Lights, Mark Ronson and The Crystal Method - as they remix, recreate and re-imagine five traditional styles of music (Rock, R&B, Country, Jazz, and Classical). These five distinctive DJs collaborate with some incredibly talented (and some unlikely) partners - The Doors, Martha Reeves, Erykah Badu,Trombone Shorty, Mos Def, Zigaboo Modeliste, Nas,Leann Rimes, Dr. Ralph Stanley - to discover how our musical past is influencing the future. The documentary was produced in association with the Grammys and presented by Hyundai Veloster.