Based onitheinovel "Theatre" byiW. Somerset Maugham
In the role that brought her amazing critical acclaim as well as the National Board of Review's Best Actress Award, Annette Bening plays a beautiful and beguiling actress who finds herself bored with her role as the toast of the town in Being Julia.
Julia Lambert (Bening) is a true diva: beautiful, talented, wealthy and famous. She has it all - including a devoted husband (Oscar® winner Jeremy Irons, 1990 Best Actor, Reversal of Fortune) who has masterminded her brilliant career - but after years of shining in the spotlight she begins to suffer from a severe case of boredom and longs for something new and exciting to put the twinkle back in her eye. Julia finds exactly what she's looking for in a handsome young American fan, but it isn't long before the novelty fling adds a few more sparks than she was hoping for. Fortunately for her, this surprise twist in the plot will thrust her back into the greatest role of her life - Being Julia.
- Starring: Bruce Greenwood, Michael Gambon, Annette Bening, Jeremy Irons
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85.1
- Number of Discs: 1
- Rating: R
- Label: Sony Home Pictures Entertainme
- Run Time: 104 minutes
- Catalogue #: 09174
- The Making of Being Julia
- Commentary by Annette Bening, Jeremy Irons and Director Istvan Szabo
- Behind the scenes of Being Julia
- Deleted scenes